I feel overwhelmed! I have so many pictures and videos; I don’t know where to begin!
Relax! We can help you figure it out. We’ll narrow down the scope so you are not feeling completely
overwhelmed by every picture or video ever taken. We’ll talk about where your media is and how you can
get it into one manageable place. We’ll even guide you through organizing it in a way that will make the
uploading process as simple as dragging and dropping.
It all seems pretty straightforward from your ‘process’ page. Can you give me the details of each stage of the process?
- It all begins with a consultation where we discuss what you are looking for – an annual highlight
film, a film capturing a holiday/birthday party/any other event, a film for a wedding or bar
mitzvah. If you’re not sure, we can guide you in the right direction based on the kind/amount of
media you have.
- Once you decide on the scope of the project, we will need to know how many pictures/how many
hours of video you have that are relevant to the project. We can help you figure this out if you
don’t know how to do it. Once we have that information, we quote you a project fee.
- Once the project fee is agreed, you e-sign your contract and pay a 50% deposit.
- We give you detailed instructions on how to upload your media onto our secured server.
- We ask you to fill out a client form so we can get more details about the people who feature in
your pictures and videos – their names, birthdays, likes/dislikes, musical taste etc.
- Within 3 weeks of all of your media being uploaded, we present you with a rough cut of the film
on a password protected site. The film will be available to view for 2 weeks online.
- From the rough cut, you can request basic editing changes – swap this picture, cut down on that
video, change that song, etc. See below for more details about what basic editing changes are.
You must get your changes into us within 2 weeks either via email or phone.
- Once we have your changes, we will present you with a final version for your approval. At this
stage, you can only request tweaking of the changes we have implemented from the rough cut.
Any additional changes can be accommodated at a rate of $150/hour.
- Once the final project is agreed, the remaining 50% of the project fee is due.
- We deliver the final film across 3 platforms… DVD, digital file and suitable for sharing online and
access to your personal Family Theater on our website.
How long does the whole process take?
Once we have your contract, deposit, uploaded media and client form, it can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks
for the final film. Some of that is dependent on you; we sometimes need clarification about who is who in
a picture or video and a timely response can keep the process on track. Similarly, if you get back to us
quickly with changes from the rough cut, the whole process will most likely be on the 4 week end of the
I still don’t understand how I get all of my media to you.
We will walk you through importing all of your media from all of your devices onto one place on your
computer and we’ll tell you how to organize it. When you are ready to upload, we will give you the login
information for a secure server. The server will have a folder dedicated to your project and you simply
have to drag the folders you have built on you computer to the folder on the site and walk away. If you
have a lot of media, let your computer run overnight and it will be done in the morning. Your media is now
in a cloud and we can download it from the cloud into our editing software.
What types of editing changes are included in the project fee?
Your quoted price includes one round of basic editing changes. These changes may include: adding or
removing certain pictures or videos (or moving them around within the film), requesting a different song
(must be one available to us in a royalty free library), changes of titles or texts, or any other specific
changes that are reasonable. Any other services that we may render on your behalf and at your request
after delivery of the rough cut would be billed and charged separately.
Where do you get your music from?
We work closely with specialized music libraries that license music for films that are not Hollywood
blockbusters. The musicians represented in these libraries are incredibly talented and they have a vast
repertoire from which we choose. We work very hard to pair music for your film that is special and unique
to your story. No exceptions are made to use music for which we do not have the correct license.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards. At our discretion, we may also accept cash or other forms of payment in
respect of our services.
What happens if I do not pay on time?
We try to work with our customers and we hope this never becomes a problem. However, in the unlikely
event that a costumer fails to make his or her required payments, we reserve the right to charge interest on
amounts more than 10 days pas due at a rate of 5% per annum.
Is there any particular type of content that I am not allowed to submit to you as part of my project?
As a general matter, we are happy to work with most pictures, videos and other multimedia material that
you submit to us. However, as you can appreciate, we must be mindful of our legal obligations and the
rights of others, so you may not submit to us any content that falls into any of the following categories:
- Content that infringes upon a third party’s privacy.
- Content that is deemed to be pornographic in any way. If you have any questions at all regarding
application of this category of prohibited material as it relates to children, please contact us.
- Content that defames any religion, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability.
- Content that constitutes the confidential or proprietary information of any third party.
- Content that you do not have the right to use, share or edit that infringes on any patent, trademark,
trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other proprietary right of any third party.